Saturday, October 24, 2009

Life Takes A New Turn

It's been some time since I last blogged.



I had a thyroidectomy, and was told that I have thyroid cancer. I am adjusting to this. I have accepted it. They tell me it is a good cancer to have, if you have to have one. I prefer not to have one! They are preparing my body for radiation iodine treatment which is very specific to thyroid cancer. I'm told that people with my kind of cancer usually have a high success rate of killing all of the cancer. This is a good thing.



The part that I am having trouble accepting is the fatique that I live with while waiting for the treatment, so that they can then give me thyroid supplements so that I will feel "normal" again. whatever that means.



I have put my health issues into God's hands, and was anointed and prayed over before the surgery, so I am willing to accept God's will in my life.



What I have trouble accepting, is that part of my family doesn't want me to speak of God too much, or leave messages such as "signatures" on my emails that have any referances to God or the Bible. I'm sorry, but this is who I am. They want me to accept them for who they are, but they seem to be unwilling to accept me for who I am. I don't feel this is fair. Don't judge me, and I'll do my best to not judge you.



I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who have experienced any of these things that I'm going through? It helps just to be able to say it, knowing that probably no one will read this, or care, so I can ramble on to my hearts content. I guess I consider this my journal. Perhaps it will help someone to find the Lord, and be willing to be themselves no matter what others think. This is my goal, what I'm trying to achieve.



I truly enjoy talking about my God, and my philosophy on life. I can talk to most people without them getting offensive. Sometimes we just agree to disagree, and that is ok. We can still learn from each other, and love and accept each other.



I have found that God is my ever present help in time of need. My confident, my Savior, and my Lord. Without Him I am nothing, and would not be able to face each new day. I praise Him for His mercy, and loving kindness towards me. I love the peace that He has given me, and I feel sorry for those who have not yet found this kind of peace, because it only comes from God. Just invite Him into your live, confess your sins, and you will find this same peace flooding your soul.



Well, I will not worry about my cancer. Even if they find more cancer when they do the complete body scan, I know that whatever the outcome, God will be right there to hold my hand, and to carry me through it.



Praise be to my God in Heaven.

I hope this brings some encouragement to you this day.

May God richly bless you.

Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment