Wednesday, January 21, 2009

An Act of Kindness

I've decided that I think of my blog as my diary. I guess I should write in it everyday. Just so I remember things that I have done, or accomplished, or just to share. Perhaps my journey through life, will help someone who struggles with the same things, or perhaps it may inspire or encourage someone. On some days,....since not all are "good days", it may even discourage you a bit! But bare with me, because I'm only human, as you will soon discover, if you haven't already!

Today, I had the joy of taking a friend who is ill, to another town, to get a Rx from her doctor, then take her to the pharmacy. No big deal, I ran an errand along the way. It felt really good to help her, for once when I was very ill, another friend helped me a great deal, when I could not drive myself. She would take me to appointments, and was always there for me. So I guess in this cycle of life, one could say,...."it's my turn" to return the good to someone.

I will always be grateful that I am no longer an invalid due to fibromyalgia. For one wonderful day, at a Prayer Conference, in another town, I was anointed, as the Bible suggests we do in James 5:14-16. And marvelously,....God healed me!! I had come down with it after about 6 months following a car accident. I had it for 7 long years!! I call it my "Job Experience" Because during those 7 very long years, I learned that I could totally and completely trust God!!

Three weeks later,.....I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure!! Yes, you read that right! I laughed, and told my husband, that God knew I couldn't handle Fibro., an CHF at the same time, so He took one away, before I got the other!!! I was told that my heart valve was not working right. I needed surgery. They put me in the hospital, and took 23 pounds of fluid off of me. (I could hardly breathe before that!) I was anointed and prayed for again, and God healed me once again, and they canceled my surgery!!! The valve was working properly, the angiogram showed. However the heart was still not functioning quite right, so after a low salt diet, walking, and many echocardiograms, and a year and a half later, my heart was normal,....and my cardiologist released me! Praise God! Of course there is more to the story,....this is the mini version. I know that if any of you scientist and doctors out there who may read this, may question the "miracle", but that's because not all the details, and the heart studies, you can't see for yourself. But me and my docs know what happened, and as my primary care physician said, "I'm sorry, as much as I would like the credit, we doctors and science, couldn't do that!!"

So, you see, my helping my friend today, comes from a heart filled with gratitude to my Heavenly Father, who has done much for me. I can't help but love Him, and praise Him!

Now, go do a random act of kindness for someone in your world!

--Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment