Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Life Today

First and formost, I am a child of God. He comes first in my life, then husband and family. My family is very important to me, but my relationship with God is formost in my life. My husband agrees with me, and believes that this is the way it should be. However, my adult daughter, strongly disagrees with me. In fact, one night last month, as we were talking we actually cried over this. Because of my strong belief in God, and putting Him first, she believes that I am not supportive of my family. In my opinion this is far from true. If I did not support and care about my family, I would not always be there for them, and do the the babysitting, and giving up of my time for them. Perhaps she feels this way, because she no longer believes that there is a God. My other children who are Christians, have never expressed this feeling to me, and have given me the impression that they appreciate all I do for them very much.

It terribly hurts me, to think that my precious daughter feels that I am non supportive, because I put God first. But God has to be number one in my life. I hope that one day she will be able to accept me as I am, and respect me and my relationship with God.

Daughter, if you ever read this, please know that I love you, and your precious family very much. Nothing will ever change that. Especially my relationship with Jesus Christ. He only makes my love for you, and others stronger. I'll always be there for you. Please understand that.

If there are any others out there who have ever experienced anything like this, and can offer me some encouragement.....I would surely like to hear from you. Thanks for listening.
-Daisy

No comments:

Post a Comment